Saturday, May 25, 2019

The Taki-Tiki Rwy

Recently, I posted here a blurb concerning the Trans-Tropics Railway, the "Taki-Tiki."  A bit of progress has been made, so here's a small follow-up on it.

After playing around in AnyRail (always a dangerous thing for me to do) I've added an end loop to the module set, bringing the total to four.  In use it'd look something like this:


Now, the two corners on the right will be built as a single 180º end loop.

As a linear setup: 


Either way, this gives the Bandai Shorty trains a place to run, switch, whatever on their own with a minimum of interference with the "full size" N scale trains on the TTrak Inner track. 

I'm thinking that I'd run the trains so that the connecting sections between the larger loops would run counter to the Inner line.  This would allow periodic use of the Inner to move between loops and the connector as a return.  Really, I think most action could be kept separate.  The little Bandai locomotives are, basically, double ended, so no turning of a loco is needed to run back and forth.  I'm thinking that an entire show could be done and never need to leave the loops.

I have most of the track on hand or on order.  I'm anxious for it to get here so I can trial run the loops on a bench.  I've made contact with Ken, who's building module bases for others. I have contracted with him to build four for me.  These would be the two triples, a double, and the end loop.  Along with the double deep module set, I've got my summer's work all lined out.  Ha - I'm positive it'll get changed for me. I do believe in Murphy.

Being the Taki-Tiki, it'll be a sandy beach scene set.  I'm not too sure if I can, but if I can manage a few grass hut style buildings, I be a happy modeler.  The building outlines on the drawings are just place holders to give me a feel for space.

Like the double deep set, I see this as a module set that's capable of being a stand alone, small show layout (like school displays) as well as part of a larger club spread at shows.  Not to mention, a set up for home on a table or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment