Monday, March 2, 2020

Only God can make a tree . . .

As I clean the two modules for show, I'm needing to do a little maintenance, scenery-wise.  One thing I often did in the past while working in a module was not only clean and repair, but also add a couple new details to it.

Same story now, with the Poco Loco grain elevator.  Not much, but I've added two trees and two vehicles.  I think a few figures would help, too.  Here's the module, after today's work:


The tree at the corner of the office and the (dead?) one at the end of the silos are the additions.  They are old models, inherited from the estate of a long time railroad buddy.  Thanks, Jim.

In addition, there's a yellow delivery truck at the warehouse door.  I definitely need a couple of people there. And, maybe, in front by the cars, too.


Looking around back, the red semi has been there from the start, but I added another, the blue one.  Moving a lot of grain in and out of here, they are. 

I got the blue truck a bit further around behind than I first intended, but it's glued down and not moving.  It can be seen from the front at the right angles, so it's good.

I have toyed with making "where's Waldo" lists for my modules.  The idea has been to print a composite list for each show, based on the modules being shown.  I'm thinking that the question sheet would not indicate which module to look for the target.  It's something to do in my spare time.  Yeah, right.  The half-hidden semi would be a good item, as is the worker on top of the elevator (not visible in the photos, but he's there.)

As for the second module, the Twin Towers (see my last post,) it will be worked on tomorrow.  A few new trees (I glued up a dozen or so late this afternoon) and some figures will dress them up pretty well. 



Both modules will get a pole and flag.  I'm using the flag kit from Osborn Models out of Canada.  I have the US and Canada flag sets.  Probably won't be using the Canadian ones, yet.

So, not a lot, but progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment