Friday, July 26, 2019

What Happened?

It's been three and a half weeks since I wrote a post.  Where did the time go?

Well, some of it went with the health of her mother.  She has rapid-onset dimensia, and could no longer live at home alone.  So, Cindy went to west Texas (~350 miles) to help her brother select a care facility, and get her admitted.  It's done, but it was a hard time.

In the meantime, I had doctor's appointments (routine follow ups, no excitement) to attend and other things around here, so I didn't go.  At any rate, it hasn't been a time for model trains or planes.

As the dust settles, I'm getting back to a pair of project ideas.  First, since the track that was attached to the double deep modules was pulled off to allow painting the bases, I figured it's a good time to paint and weather the Kato and Tomix track being used in the modules.  I didn't realize just how much track I had on there!

At the same time, the Trans-Tropics Rwy. track is being weathered, as well.

I'm not saying that I do a great job, but at least it doesn't look like it's shinky new out of the package.  Which a good bit of it is, but that's another story for a never time . . .

As for the planes, I'm building a balsa model with tissue paper covering because I just want to.  Also, there are a few "craftsmen style" structure kits for the train layout, so the planes help retrain me for working with wood models.

I'm doing the track painting in the garage, and it's starting to get warmer there.  So, I'd best cut this off and get more done before it's too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment