Thursday, January 9, 2020

Barn diving

Well, I spent today diving into the remote corners (not the remotest, yet!) of my barn.  In the process, I've rearranged a bit, placing related items (N, On30, etc.) together.

At the very end, in the deepest, hardest to reach place (which I'm sure I've searched before) I struck treasure!  There were a number of items that I was sure were lost forever in the moves we've made the past 3 1/2 years..

But, miracles of miracles, they showed up!  I fully believe the Law of Selective Gravitation has been at work here.  You know, when you lose track of something (generally by dropping it and it bounces away) it's because it time warped to the future.  That's why you can't find it now, but may find it sometime later, or not.

At any rate, you're aware of the home TTrak layout I've been puttering (sputtering?) on for a while now is to feature a tram line through the town.  It's been frustrating since the target trams were gone.  Guess what - "They're baaack!!!"  They are the Kato Hirshoma-Hanover trams:
Picture 1 of 2
Inline image

It's good they turned up, I sure couldn't afford them now.  Especially the two I have.  I feel encouraged to forge ahead, garage temperature permitting.

The other main item I found was a stash of Tomix N Fine Track.  No big deal of itself, except that in the pile were two turnouts I've been aching to build into modules.  They are right-hand and left-hand curved turnouts: 

Inline imageInline image
Picture 1 of 1Stock photo
For TTrak, they are nearly perfect, being 317/280mm in radii.  And, a standard curved piece (just happen to have some ;);) ) completes the 90º corner. 

There were some other goodies found that I feared were lost, as well, but these are the crown jewels of the day.  Yea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment