Wednesday, April 3, 2019

More buildings for the 6-module set - and miscellaneous dreamings

I broke down and ordered a pair of building kits.  Both are Walthers.  The first is the "Merchant's Row I" which will go okay with the "Merchant's Row II" already on hand.

Then, I added the "Hole-In-One Donut Shop."  A recently deceased friend (from 400 miles away) used one in a scene, surrounded by police cars.  I'm wanting to remember Ken by copying his lead.

Speaking of a module set, I did one a long while back that was to be built as a series of tropical islands, connected by single track bridges or trestles.  I did some mock-ups of it with Tomix track, and ran a few trains on it.  The set is named the Trans-Tropics Railway, but the locals call it the Taki-Tiki.  It's basically a 3-way junction (on a volcano island) with a couple other islands, then ending in three return loops. DCC, or DC with a lot of attention being paid to running it.

I have test run Atlas 4-6-2's on C140mm (5.5") radius curves: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfKF7usw9gw

So this is YAP (Yet Another Project) that keeps rearing its' head, refusing to go away.  At any rate, I took the Taki-Tiki and removed one end loop.  Then, a long bridge later, it was connected to the wye port on Module #4.  Since I have TrainPlayer, it was exported from AnyRail to TrainPlayer and test run on the computer.  Oh, I do think I'll have to build at least the long trestle and an end loop, just for the fun of running it.

Here's a drawing of the whole mess.  If anyone has TrainPlayer and wants the files, let me know.
And, no, I'm not smoking or drinking anything . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment