Monday, April 1, 2019

Some module musings ...

A recent post on the TTrak-N Facebook thread by Joshua Murrah brought up the idea of a small, separate loop along the back of a 14" deep module, specifically for the Bandai Shorty series of trains.

Well, I couldn't leave well enough alone.  First, I drew (in Anyrail) my version of his idea, and posted it there.





Like his ideas, it fits on a triple length module.  That wouldn't be my first of that length, so no problem there.  Then, I massaged it a little more, to tie the loop to the inner TTrak line.  It was fairly easy.

The interface is almost all Tomix track, with Kato to "Fleishmann" adapter (20045) sections at each end.  If you look back at my 6-module loop, all of the wye trackage is Tomix.  It works great, just needing a thin plastic shim to meet Kato roadbed height.

So, now I have a triple, a double and a single length module to add to the collection.  The double is an AT-SF terminal as a museum, with several cabeese for a B-and-B. 




A stuffed and mounted steam loco (a dead Bachmann) and a heavyweight car are a part of the scene.

The single is a scene of "bomber Gas."  Go search for it - an interesting true story.  I have a Minicraft B-17G in 1/144 scale. Close enough.

All this, as if I didn't have enough going on.  Oh, well, ...

No comments:

Post a Comment