Friday, April 5, 2019

The Industrial Park arises

A number of years ago, I build a 14" deep double module as a small industrial park. The right module is the original idea.  Well, anyone who knows me knows that often I can't leave well enough alone.  The left module was added, to allow the Inner track siding (made with Tomix track) to go somewhere and do something. 

On a whim, I guess, I added the rear track (Tomix also) as a place for a static show line.  It was run in this configuration at several shows. Its curve is 140mm.



That was fine, UNTIL a fellow Lubbock modeler who shall remain unnamed (right, BJ?) said something about it ought to be made operational. Gee, thanks, fella.  He knew that if he planted the germ, I'd be infected until I at least tried it out.

The start of more expansion caused these two modules to be permanently bolted together as a quad module.  Then, Phase 3 & Phase 4 was initiated as a single quad module. 






Since the space was available, I incorporated the small passing siding/run around, and dropped the connection off that.  It has been a challenge, and still needs a bit of track work, especially at the crossing. 

The crossing resulted from extending the Outer track siding and reaching a small three track yard.  This area has a mixture of Tomix, Kato and Atlas track pieces.  Then, a turnout was added to the lead, to the left of the corssing, to service a warehouse and provide yard access.

Much of this eight feet of modules has been sceniced, with a modest amount to go.  The main item is a water tower just "north" of that crossing. I seem to have lost my pictures of the modules.

Here's the "final" plan:


Getting back to the recurring theme of this blog, the siding that loops and crosses the main lines was the inspiration for the 6-module set with its' wye.
The connection to the Taki-Tiki is an afterthought, but I do like it.


Here I show the I.P. without other modules, but it would be part of a larger TTrak layout.

Yeah, I get these headaches every once in a while . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment