Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Junction Module Rework

I decided, after seeing an N-scale junction module done this way at the Plano show, that I wanted a trestle on mine.
I attacked my TTrak-N junction module this morning. After pulling up the track, I took a jigsaw to it. Then I glued in some blue foam.


Uh-oh, I forgot that it needs to be ready to go on Friday - and I'm working Thursday and Friday!
Well, it won't be anywhere near finished by Friday, but I can slip the track back on it. It won't be pretty, but it will run.
Maybe it'll be a good show-n-tell for visitors, eh?

The pictures will give you an idea where I am going with it. Before Friday, I'll scoop it out with my big hot wire cutter. It'll take longer to set the cutter up than to do the job.

By the big show on May 1-2 it'll look decent, with some scenery, maybe a couple of low hills, too.

Sometimes things would go better if I tried to think just a little ahead, but where's the fun in that?
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment